Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Toddler Season

I am failing the 31 for 21 challenge.  But I am hopeful that I am not failing awareness this month.  I continue to be delighted by the shift in seasons, including the changing foliage.  It is truly amazing the amount of color we are getting this year, considering how hot and dry our summer was.  I am relishing in the cool evenings that call for another cup of warm coffee and chilly mornings that require extra snuggles under the blanket while the heater kicks in.  I still love that the mid-afternoon sunshine has us throwing off our jackets and soaking in the warm rays.  As temperature fluctuates back and forth at this time of year, it is sometimes hard to know what season we are in.  Wintry mornings, late spring afternoons, fall evenings...  This back and forth process is the season changing and I suppose life is like that as well.  Some days I wonder if I am changing, growing, moving forward in the way I would like.  I am ready for a new season of joy and gladness, of contentment in the present.  I do not always feel as though I am embracing the now, but the fact that I am evaluating my ever-moving thermometer is a sign that my season is changing, too.

Some days I worry about therapy plans and differences, and then Brynnlie Grace reminds me that she is so much more like every other kid than she is different from them.  Today, we had playgroup at our house, and she got in to trouble with her toddler playmates, trying to make a quick escape.  She hung around her Momma's knees like a baby bird, looking for a snack, just like her friends did.  Later on, she unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper, as any toddler will do the moment someone leaves that darn bathroom door unlatched!  Oh, the Toddler Season!  About as unpredictable as a Midwestern Fall, and nearly as fun.


Hope you are enjoying the changing seasons outside, and that, if you need one, God is bringing a changing season to your heart as well.

Loves...

No comments:

Post a Comment